Thursday, August 2, 2007

Spring? What the?

Oh mild weather and sneaky spring bulbs! Don't think I don't know what you're up to. Lulling me into thinking spring is on it's way as you prepare to jolt me back to reality with a nasty cold snap! Well, I made it through July and now have August to survive.

This coming weekend is "preparing the garden for spring planting". Hiding under the polythene is our lovely compost. We love our compost. We're excited about compost. My own personal Gardener is even making an old fashioned wooden compost bin from recycled pallets. I'm hoping my King's Seeds catalogue arrives tomorrow so I can pour over it with a cuppa while Gardener and Gardenerettes till the estate.

(Notice the J12 inspired bird feeder that Gardener whacked up while we were out this morning.)