Thursday, August 9, 2007

Tagged? Random? Netiquette?

I've been tagged by the funniest blogger this side of everywhere!

The rules:
1. Let others know who tagged you.
2. Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
3. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

Eight random things about me? Yaaaaaaaaaawn. Ok, I'll do it. But what is the netiquette when I can't think of 8 other people to tag? Ya know what I'm going to do? Tag those Sarah has already listed who haven't done their eight. Yeah, that'll get them going.

1. My middle name is Margaret, my mother's middle name is Margaret, my grandmother's name is Margaret, and this goes back a few more generations more. It means "Pearl".
2. I don't like my first name and it isn't a part of any of my children's names.
3. I don't like my husband's first name and it isn't a part of any of our children's names. I hate his middle name even more and have not inflicted that on my children either. I do not know what his parents were thinking.
4. One of my best travel memories is being quoted Tagore poetry by a plump middle aged man, wearing his striped pyjamas, on a train journey from Bhubaneswar to Chennai, India.
5. One of my worst travel memories is coming down with very violent traveller's diarrhoea in the middle of the Mongla River, Bangladesh. All's well that ends well (prayers, clenched buttocks and a speedy detour to the riverside) and I didn't embarass myself.
6. I miss travel and one of my biggest desires is to blow my kid's minds wide open with the rest of the world!
7. When I was a young girl I loved to read, knit, sew and garden. When I'm 36 (snuck another fact in there) I love to read, knit, sew and garden.
8. I'm an extrovert and think this suits me well to be at home with three talkative children. (My husband is not an extrovert, so I let him earn the dollars in front of a computer screen.)

How's that? OK...tagging:
Rach - maybe this means she can do 16 facts?
Karen - we're long overdue hearing from her so I say she should do 16 too...I'm missing the not so random or addled mind!
Larraine - I get to tag her because she's my sister. There's another random fact. It might actually make her start blogging?
Louby Lou - We have babies the same age. They're five now...but still.
Sandra - I wonder if I can make her specify random garden facts because she's my guru? Swami Sandra!
Kate - I've never met Kate (or Sandra!) in real life. But I really feel like I have. Always interested to know more about this funky mama (and I've bet Rach tagging her).
My far-away "sista" Claire - missing the real life conversations.
Nikki - walking some of the same paths.

Geez, I can ramble on.