Friday, August 17, 2007

A wee craft haul

Craft 2.0 was a real buzz this morning. Lots of peeps, lots and lots of peeps, more peeps than last time I'm sure. It was great to see the energy, passion and enthusiasm for handmade/NZ-made stuff.

Some restraint was shown by yours truely. Plus there's always a good helping of "I could make that myself", especially when it comes to the knitted and sewn items.


I have no willpower when it comes to cowboys and cowgirls so the girls scored this vintage cowgirl print from Honky Tonk Designs.

Could.Not.Resist blue button Fossage necklace.

My favourite NZ tree, the Pohutukawa, on a teatowel (no, I won't be drying dishes with this) by Melina Martin.

As much as I find Dayglo Helen's Kooky Dolls strangely endearing they all seemed a bit too sad to bring home. I can always do with some of her cards ready to write in and send off though.

I drooled over the Shescrafty Knits and was pleased to see I have a kindred spirit in my love of The Wool Company yarn. I nabbed an 8ply bootie pattern which I could have done with a week ago.
Afterwards, I skipped into Spotlight, with no accompanying offspring dragging their feet and frothing at the mouth, and got some white wool on sale, to have some more dyeing fun with.