Sunday, July 29, 2007

Books'n'Craft

I really wanted to say something profound about the inspiration that my fledgling collection of craft and knitting books provides but I'm "encouraging" three girls to tidy their Polly Pockets (scratches head to think of the "learning" that's been taking place this afternoon...interpersonal relationships?), minding some roasting curried chickpeas, thinking of what to cook for early dinner before Girl's Brigade since I wasn't organised enough to get the slow cooker going and getting a mountain of washing folded (ok, girls have finished with Polly so now to "encourage" them to help with the folding). Do I have time to actually DO any of the craft and knitting IN these books?

My brand, spanking new one is Bend-The-Rules Sewing by Amy Karol of Angry Chicken Blog fame. It's a delightful craft book that I've already enjoyed perusing with the girls planning projects together. This, along with See and Sew provides me with a neat, basic and prettiful craft "curriculum".