Sunday, June 29, 2008

Thank you!

Thank you, thank you to the lovely person (knitter not sewer;-)) who brightened my day with this gorgeous gift of fat quarters and chocolate. The beautiful delicate NZ botanical print is really calling to me. We love Trade Aid chocky around here too.

On the thrifting front, we discovered this lecturn (?) at Newtown Sallies on Saturday. It spins around. Perfect for reading large books to the family at the table. Now I'll finally be able to knit and read at the same time!
Also perfect for my fatter cookbooks. Our current family bible (small "b") is resting on it now.
On the yummy front, I couldn't resist this bottle of Shott Lemon Ginger & Honey syrup at Juniper. It's made locally and was perfect for the awful winter weather over the weekend.
On the knitting front, a simple topknot beanie, in Cleckheaton Country Silk 8ply, for a babe in Napier. It was a nice easy knit while Man From Shed and I watched a superb Indian movie last night (Mr & Mrs Iyer).
Now, can someone tell me while I couldn't find semolina in any local supermarket today? I was hoping to make halva to take to the Girl's Brigade "Friends of Asia" night this evening. Cupcakes it will have to be...not exactly Asian.