Saturday, June 14, 2008

Being Bothered

I've decided that I've entered the era of being bothered. If I had been bothered to sew up the hole in the toe of A3's felted slippers he wouldn't have eventually been able to fit his whole hand through it. (Yeah, a stitch in time does save nine.) I had to be bothered to go to Spotlight on the way to an appointment to grab some half priced wool for new slippers for A3 & I. I had to be bothered to stop at Moore Wilsons on my way home for my wild meat. (OK...I could have gone meat-free this week but I likes me some venison & goat!) There is a lot more being bothered to accomplish a lot of errands in one car-trip. There is a lot more being bothered to make our own bread and other food from scratch to save money, eat better and avoid a car trip out for those things. There is a lot more being bothered to hand make things for my family and gifts for other people instead of taking the cheap, easy, last-minute option.

How are you being bothered?