Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

It is a good thing to take the opportunity to honour the role of Mother in our culture. I like a good lie-in, brekky in bed and the lovingly made gifts from my children, and was blessed to get these yesterday.

To be honest, in amongst the busyness that was my day, my mind kept turning towards the mothers struggling to ensure their children's survival in Myanmar. Last night on the news I watched pictures of a mother lying with her very newborn baby, and couldn't help thinking that baby would have been better off in the safety of her womb until international aid can reach them. Imagine the power of Mother Love required to keep many, many thousands of children alive right this minute.

If you're the praying kind, please pray for a break-through in the hearts and minds of the leaders of Burma, to allow experienced aid professionals in to help their people.