Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pretty as a Princess

I've had a lot of fun participating in an online hand-dyed yarn swap with some friends. I was allocated the lovely Leah who has a self-confessed obsession with all things Disney. I chose colours that I like myself around a "Princess" theme. I used Procion MX dyes to create the Amethyst, Sapphire and Jade worn by the Disney Princesses Ariel and Cinderella.

I included a Work in Progress bag and zippered pouch in fabric that leapt off the shelf in my local craft store last weekend, demanding to be taken home with me. What's a wee pressie without some TradeAid chocolate too!

My gorgeous buddies Christine and Nova both tagged me with the purty Kreativ Blogger award. Right back at ya ladies! Christine - you crazy craft lady - you know I'm in awe of you! Nova - I'm loving seeing the cute Steiner inspired stuff you're doing with the kids. And you don't freak out too much when I hug you despite being somewhat less exuberant than me;-)

I have to tag my refound buddy, Pauline. We knew each other on an online forum years ago and even met when she traveled up my way (I think maybe even before A3 was born?). We lost contact so I was excited to rediscover her this year and learn of all the crafty stuff we have in common. She's a total inspiration - a Mum to her 4 gorgeous offspring, a fantastic teacher AND still finds the time and energy to create amazing stuff AND zip around on her sexy motorbike with her hubby!!

Righto, off to pack Hubby's Sock WIP and a novel (how cool - I found one to match our theme for this term) for a weekend away in Napier with our good friends. It better be fine enough for Ali & I to hit the Farmer's Markets.