Sunday, April 1, 2007

Smoke and mirrors

On a day that is criminal to keep children indoors, my fellow homeschooling mama and I took our combined eight to the library, then a picnic at the playground. We both needed to mainline Rescue Remedy just trying to get them plus food plus library books in and out of our respective cars.

It made me think back to my childhood and I can never remember my mother being particularly stressed. Was she just not stressed or did she hide it better than I with maternal smoke and mirrors? What will my children remember? The effort Mama (with a dash of yelling!) went to or simply these experiences? I hope and pray they carry the same warm afterglow with which I remember my childhood.

(Yes, we've let off enough steam.)

(Intently watching the big digger and truck.)