Friday, April 20, 2007

French Romantic

When I was young, my parents and grandparents would buy me little bits of china, sometimes even real Limoge to celebrate a good report or passing a piano exam. As I grew older I didn't feel the love anymore for the flowery, romantic, old-fashioned cluttery business of all this china and it got chucked into a box once I'd left home.

However, I still carried the memory of the pride they had in me. I believe it is so important to show our pride in our children for their achievements and for just being them. We love to tell our kids how proud we are to have them as members of our "team" and show excitement when we see them.
Now, I've relapsed into a major dose of the floweries and love to have my plates hanging on my bedroom wall and the wee knick knacks on my dresser, including two pieces Mum and Dad bought for me in Paris after I had Maggie. I think those ones are to show me how proud they are I've made them grandparents.