Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pointy Crafting...

...as opposed to Pointless Crafting, here are some things I finished yesterday that are "useful".

The first item for myself this year: a pair of Caterpillar Socks with yarn dyed by my darling friend, Razz.

I'm knitting through the last of some cotton given to me by a friend. Everyone needs a Mitred Hand Towel to button onto something in their kitchen;-)

I love my handknitted dishcloths! This is a great mindless project.

Do you know how difficult it is to take a decent picture of socks on your own feet, on a gloomy day, without revealing quite how hairy your legs are? Or one of your oven that hasn't seen a decent clean in too long? The dishcloth picture doesn't reveal the pile of dishes on the bench or the feral children shrieking for biscuits in the middle of a toy-plosion in the lounge.