Sunday, April 13, 2008

More knitting

All my knitting lately feels very little and bitsy. I'm looking forward to getting stuck into a couple of grown-up projects this winter when I can source the right yarn for a reasonable price. (Who am I kidding...I'm ordering from a US yarn site this week...shhhhh...)

I'm really pleased with how this headband turned out for M8. I (nearly)6 will get one too. Can't resist putting the girls in a few matching items while they still like it too;-)

The baby hat is a practise run for a big girl's version for Sparkly Kate. It's part of the Seija Set in The Happy Hooker. Kate will be getting something more like this one.

The wool reminds me of a group of gorgeous, crafty, knitty, thinky, funny, lovely women I'm privileged to be a part of. We spent time in Auckland last year dyeing wool together. It's nice to be able to connect memories like that to something I produce with my hands.