Thursday, October 1, 2009

O Sunshine, Where Art Thou?

Seriously Spring, where are you? We are now into our sixth month of having a fire going. Not cool. I give up waiting for some decent lighting to take pics of my finished objects.

One of my long term goals is to get into patchwork quilting. I made M10 a cot quilt as a first birthday present with the idea to do one for each child but I stalled there. I even bought a walking foot for my sewing machine a couple of years ago which has sat languishing. I dragged it out recently, and grabbed my Last Minute Patchwork and Quilted Gifts book for a bit of how-to and whipped up some quilted coasters to pop into my gift box. Fun. I quilted!

My couch is in serious need of reupholstering, but until funds allow I thought a few cushions would obscure some of the worn-out-ness. I tried Log Cabin for the first time and used up some scraps and fat quarters that had been lurking in the stash.

Next step is to get brave enough to cut into the Very Hungry Caterpillar fabric I've got to make a lap quilt with.

I've also made another Gratitude Wrap and a matching letter satchel for a cousin's birthday next week but that's been posted sans photos.

Now, I'm just waiting for some cute patterns to arrive to cut into the Ginger Blossom stash for the girl's summer wardrobes. I really hope I can be disciplined enough to make quite a bit of their stuff. (Please excuse the link fest in this post. I know, I know - not an original idea to be found! Works for me though.)