Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sun's Out Photoshoot

The sun came out, so the camera came out;-)

My gorgeous big girl in some of her mama-made summer fashions;-)

I had started to make myself a sunhat from Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing but it became very clear it was going to be too small despite the fact I have a pinhead! So Big Girl scored and loves it!
Sew Liberated's Flora Tunic - using the rest of a thrifted sheet.

A Pillowcase dress from Handmade Home. It's the perfect length for a Big Girl Tunic without chopping any length off it. And yes, from the thrifted sheet set;-) We've got our money's worth.

Another Flora Tunic from leftover Prairie Dress fabric.

A Little House on the Prairie dress with $1/metre fabric from stash.

The full Holly Hobbie look again;-)

Mama's Schoolhouse Tunic in the shirt length - with some cheapy old fabric from deep in the stash. I put hook and eyes across the front of mine so I can close it if I don't want the top underneath to show.
My Retro Redux Shrug in Cascade 220 from South Seas Knitting.


Frilly Angora-Merino booties from Luxury One Skein Wonders. These are truely teeny. They never would have fitted my babbies' clodhoppers!

It was fun firing up the sewing machine yesterday after a bit of a hiatus - inspired by Meg's patterns arriving in the post this week. So I was able to churn out the three tunics for me and my lil' ladies. It's a good feeling watching the fabric stash decrease too (gotta quickly create some space for more fabric that is arriving in a month or so - eek).