Tuesday, May 8, 2007

One of those days

It was one of those days, a couple of days ago. One of those GOOD days where the rhythm of our day is gentle and I want to yell out to everyone, "See, this is what home-schooling is all about!".

I got to make some poppyseed crackers for lunch from Enjoy, the new Sophie Gray book.


While I was being productive in the kitchen the girls worked together, unprompted by Mummy, to make a new game together. How gratifying to see them working so industriously and nicely together.

(So, tidy handwriting and correct grammar are not high priorities currently.)

Then, in the afternoon, we took advantage of the sun and slight breeze to fly kites with H10. At this point I should probably say something deep, meaningful and metaphorical about kites and children's hopes and dreams...but as the kite spent more time on the ground we'll leave that one.
Not to paint too rosy a glow on our learning lifestyle...somedays we have one of THOSE days, too. I'll tell you about that sometime. When, instead of flying kites with the kids, I'd much rather they were at school while I curl up on the couch with a pot of tea and chocolates in front of Dr Phil and Oprah.