Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mend and Make Do

"Mend and Make Do" is definitely a state of being to wear in the coming age. This now hangs in my craft room (aka bedroom). I took this attitude on board yesterday when looking at my hideous had-it dining chair cushions. I'd been given these fabrics by a couple of friends and I repadded them with repurposed couch cushion inners. Free makeover - suits my budget! (Long autumn afternoon shadows in my house - sigh.)



I spotted this perfectly good picnic basket at the Sallies for $5 . It had a manky fabric inner that I replaced with apple fabric and fold over elastic from my stash, loosely based around the basket lining tutorial found in the Living Crafts mag craft room.


Yet again, I'm so grateful for another free online tutorial - this one is for a Gratitude Wrap from Soulemama that was a wee giftie for H12 last week.


I wouldn't let I6.5 buy a waldorf fairy at Craft 2.0 in the weekend as I was overcome by a moment of "I can SO make that" - so I did and she seems mightily pleased with her angel - complete with leaf wings.