Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fridaying It

It's been a funny old week. I had a minor op which will hopefully sort out, once and for all, an annoying problem. I'm feeling very grateful that we've been able to maintain a level of insurance that meant I could have this done when I needed it done, not when the public health system thought I needed it done.

Some needed distractions:

Making It...a Stripe Study Shawl which won't be stripey since I'm using a variegated yarn throughout. I couldn't resist it when I visited The Little Craft Store in Auckland recently.

Reading It...Inside Stories. It wasn't going to cut it waiting at 21st on our library's reserve list. Thankfully, my mother-in-law had gifted me a Parsons book voucher earlier in the year so I could get my grubby little housewifely mitts on this. (Despite being in love with my Kindle I haven't given up my true love of a real book in the hands, especially NZ ones!)